Monday, May 09, 2005

Valley Circuit Spring Training Series Race #5.

Weather was cool, yet refreshing. A good turnout of cat 3, 4, & 5 totaling 40+ racers in the "B" class. Snakebite, Orrville, Summit Freewheelers, Stark Velo and more. Ross, Steve, Jason and I entered for a little spring race training. Since this was the last race of the series an extra lap was added making for a 6 lap, 30 mile fast paced ride. (23mph avg) I think this was the first race in this series for all of us? Mad man Ross found out he needs a major road bike tune up as he pulled off the front on the first lap to fix a loose skewer, twice. Steve and I witnessed several solo attacks that were short lived due to the windy front mother nature presented. You'd think we'd watch, observe and learn, but for some strange reason Steve and I still wanted to have a little fun and try a break. Steve lead out on lap 4 and I jumped on. Nobody followed us into the wind as we had a short gap on the group. The plan was not having a plan, neither of us have much road racing knowledge. Looking back, I don't know why we did not work this together, instead, he lead me out and I tried to take off. I got off the front a bit, about half a lap later I broke as I battled the wind by myself. I slowly sat up, grabbed my water bottle and waited for the main field. I sat in and recovered a bit while Steve jumped up front and did alot of the work alternating with a few guys. The sprint to the finish was typical, Brett Davis from Snakebite took off early to stretch the pack out which greatly increased our safety. A bunch of his teammates jumped to the front and lead the charge, very well done I must admit. Then as the burn tore into our legs the sprinters danced the width of the road in a chaotic mass finish.... I tried to figure where we finished...we're guessing 9th for Steve and 6th for myself? Matt Turi took the gold on this day.

- KDaum

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://indexmachine.info/712.html and http://googleindex.info/594.html