Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's Justified!

When we arrived in Florida, Connie’s uncle shows us this sweat ass new jacked up on roids truck he just bought. My teammate Mr. Rodgers goes out and buys this sweet fully loaded vette. My Parents go out and buy two new great looking vehicles. My wife Connie has her new ride as of last year. Needless to say…I was getting some serious new car envy as I drove my 2001 Chevy Venture LT extended mini van around town. Maybe call it an image crisis, I don’t know but I wasn’t feeling too good about myself. I’ve been a tad frugal over the years, trying to stay out of trouble and out of debt, throwing money into the 401K and Roth IRA’s like they were going to ban them the next year….I was trying to be smart…you know…the compounding value of saving for the future. Well, I decided it was time to pull back and reward myself. Ya…that’s it…no soccer mom image crisis, envy or whatever… a reward…that’s it. ITS JUSTIFIED! I have never owned a new car…always went for the great deal on a used car. Never thought I’d feel good about driving a new car off the lot and taking the depreciation hit…until I took the top off my new Jeep and drove around in the 80 degree sunshine we had a few days ago. I found my new ride and feel good about it. The mini-van is history! I now introduce da Daum's newest ride...2007 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Sahara 4x4

No comments: